F

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Time Blocking



Yesterday, I read an article by Darius Foroux titled "Time Blocking: Improve Your 
Focus and Get More Meaningful Work Done"There were two quotes in the article 
that struck me: 

It’s Steven Pressfield’s famous analogy, from his book The War Of Art, for getting work done.
"The amateur only works when inspiration strikes. The pro sits down every day and puts in steady work. The key is steady. Not irregular or extreme."
“The sure sign of an amateur is he has a million plans and they all start tomorrow.” 

Oh, the truth of those statements. How many goals have I pushed aside? How many grand ideas have I forgotten? How many times have I committed myself to accomplishing tasks only to let something else of less importance bump it out of the way? I don't mean to bash but I am totally tired of not being an effective manager of my time. SO I am, once again, committing myself to working this method. Hey, true failure is giving up, right? I will not. So here is my commitment: 

1. Create bullet journal.
2. Set aside time for planning
3. Look at the plan throughout the day and adjust accordingly. 
4. Keep trying! 👏👍👌 

4 comments:

  1. Exactly why I've commited to the once a week Slice of Life post! I love that you have a step by step plan for accomplishing your goal. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 is the most important. It's easy to throw in the towel, but to keep trying is to make progress, no matter how slow, it's still progress. Congrats on your plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ramona! I agree, # 4 over the long haul makes all the difference.

      Delete