F

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Autumn Leaves in the Summer Time #summerwrites17

6-8-17

Never do I feel more at home than I do jamming with Nat'l Writing Project folk. Summer Institute is my jam. I meet teachers who are truly the salt of this Earth, the best of the best, the sweetness of life that rises to the top. Committed to craft, kids, and, if that isn't enough, dedicate their summer to learning, growing, and spreading the wealth of their experiences with others.

Teachers teaching teachers. In my mind, it doesn't get any better.

Nathan came in and graced us with a piece of the past. The historical context he provided of the piece blew my mind. Made me want to pick up a book and read. Made me want to know more about Coltrane, music and my roots. I am so privileged to spend this time with you all.

I am in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment