F

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Family Day

My kids and I rarely spend  time together nowadays. All three of us leaving the house with the goal of hanging out just rarely happens. But today it did. They usually protest and complain no matter what our plans are and it isn't until much later I hear them reflect on the time with nostalgia. I had planned for us to tube, but they had other plans. Turned out to be an amazing day. Listening to them talk to each other and laugh together makes me so happy. In the future, these opportunities will take much more effort as my oldest makes his way to college and my baby's high school activities overflow. Today I am reminded to make our time together a priority.

2 comments:

  1. Family time is always such a treasure. As they get older, the more it gets complicated for everyone to sit down and spend time together. When this time arrives, grab the opportunity with both hands. We never know when it's going to be back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way --as parents we need to just push through the initial -"I don't want to" and stay the course! Glad you had a great day!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete